Product Name: Iodex Oint 28g
Product Form: Ointment
Pack Size: 28g
Indications: Topical iodine is used to prevent and treat infections that may occur in minor scrapes and cuts. It works by killing bacteria that can cause infections.
Check with your doctor as soon as possible if any of the following side effects occur:
- Blistering, crusting, irritation, itching, or reddening of skin
Symptoms of overdose (when swallowed)
- Abdominal or stomach pain
- not being able to pass urine
- thirst, severe
Other side effects not listed may also occur in some patients. If you notice any other effects, check with your healthcare professional.
Directions: For topical dosage form (tincture):
- For minor bacterial skin infections:
- Adults and children 1 month of age and over—Use when necessary, according to the directions on the label or your doctor's instructions. Do not use for more than ten days.
- Infants and children under 1 month of age—Use is not recommended.
Check with your doctor if the skin problem for which you are using topical iodine becomes worse, or if you develop a constant irritation such as itching or burning that was not present before you started using this medicine.
This medicine can stain your skin and clothing. Alcohol may be used to remove iodine stain on the skin. Stains on clothing can be removed by washing and rinsing them in ammonia diluted with water. Stains on starched linens can be removed by washing them in soap and water.
Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light. Keep from freezing.
Keep out of the reach of children.
Do not keep outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.